Friday, July 10, 2009

Blessings!

I got home around 10 on Tuesday night and slept until 1 the next day! When I got up I unpacked my bags and got settled back into my house! After that, I got on the internet because Tech's website was not working in Africa for some reason so I checked it! Then I got on my hotmail account to check my messages there! I was so excited to already see 2 messages from readers in Senegal!!! While I was reading those emails, another one of them sent me an email!!! I was so emotional because I already miss them so much, but it was so great to already here from them after only being home for 2 days! Siitso, Theirno, and Lamine were the readers that I have heard from!!! Theirno and Lamine are of the Islamic faith, and Siitso is a member of the church in Senegal! I loved all my readers, but Theirno was very special because he loved to talk and answer my questions very in-depth! Although he seemed interested in Christianity, he has deep roots in Islam, and he would never really admit to Jesus being our foundation and savior. At the end of his email he ended it with "may god and the holy jesus christ be on your side". Now I still do not know what he meant by that, but it seems to me that he is recognizing God and Jesus as I recognize them! It just gave me such great hope and excitement to know that God is working in him!!! I have been praying and will continue to pray that the seed I and the others planted in the people we met will continue to be watered and God will give the increase!!! I ask that you will also pray for them and their hearts to be pierced and transformed by God's word!!! Praise God because he always gives the increase if we decrease so he can increase!!!
<>< Nikki (Fatou-my Senegalese name)

No comments:

Post a Comment